Monday, December 27, 2021

Catwoman: Lonely City review

 Wow. Wow. Wow! "Catwoman: Lonely City" is a comic I didn't even know I wanted. What a refreshing look at aging superheroes. Cliff Chiang writes, draws, colors and letters an amazing story of a middle-aged Selina Kyle fresh out of prison. I feel every sore muscle, all the back aches, knee pain and out of breath moments our protagonist goes through. Getting old is weird. Your body does weird things and Chiang is fantastic at capturing this in both a realistic and comedic and fun way as well as telling a solid story. This is a DC Black Label comic. I'm not sure how many we get. I have the first two and I know there is another coming in March 2022. If you like Catwoman or just want to read a really good story with a character you might identify with if your in your 40s, like I am, I highly recommend it. The art is beautiful, the colors just exquisite and the story is compelling. Selina really is front and center here. Go grab them at your local comics shop today! 


© DC Comics

No comments: