Tuesday, December 07, 2021

George Perez

 I can't even begin to do this man justice with my small words. George Perez just announced he has stage 3 cancer and has a max of 6 months to a year left. I'm mad and sad. F*ck cancer, man. 

George Perez is one of the greatest. He posted to facebook here: George Perez

T & I were lucky enough to meet him. He was so incredibly warm & friendly. Just a happy human being that radiated his love of comics. T had brought some old Marvel cards she had and I brought my Wonder Woman 1-5. When he got to her cards he lit up even more and was so excited. She brought a huge stack and he started signing them all. He said he hadn't ever actually seen them in person and really looked at each one. It was so much fun going through them with him. He thanked her so much for bringing them. It was a truly amazing moment with the legend. 

I'm glad he knows how much we all love him & I'm glad we get time to tell him again. So much of what you see on the screen today in Superhero movies & tv is because of George.  He helped lots of people that probably wouldn't have been able to break in get their start in comics and the whole industry is better for him being here. 

I wish you nothing but peace, strength & calm as you bravely begin you final journey, sir. You are loved. 

Here's some George Perez art.

© DC Comics

© DC Comics

© Marvel Comics

©DC Comics




 


No comments: