Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Supercorp Zine

Fandoms are cool. Especially really active ones that help boost causes. I was and still am active in the Xena fandom. It was my second fandom. Beauty and the Beast from CBS 1987 with Ron Perlman & Linda Hamilton was my first. I was very active in that one as well. I used to get the International Beauty and the Beast fan zine. I even got some art in it. 

With Xena, most of what I did was online. I even did some illustrations for the virtual 7th Season. I run the Netforum over on Tumblr now. 

The Supercorp fandom reminds me of the Xenite fandom. Especially when it comes to the art and fanfic and charity. The very last Supercorp zine just opened submissions. Check it out here:

Supercorp Zine

I have never seen a more talented pool of artists and writers in a fandom and we had a ton in Xena. I'm always blown away. I'll be adding artists from this fandom to the artist list over to the right. There's a few over there now. They do way more than fan art. I mean, fan art is real art, but they get paid to do art as well. Many have stores. Need a cool gift for a fan? Art is always a cool gift. 

The best thing about this zine is that all the profits go to charity. 

These charities:

Trevor Project, the Transgender Law Center, and Futures Without Violence

The zine isn't available for purchase yet. I'll let you know when. If you want to give submitting art or a story a shot though, go for it. I'm going to. 

I love this fandom and I hope we are still around to celebrate our 25th like Xena. 

Supercorp Endgame

No comments: