Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Happy 2012

Hey there! Glad to see you back here. I'm going to reflect a little here. 2011 rocked. I mean, it was awesome. So many cool things happened in my life. I also set up so many cool things to happen in 2012.

When I started this blog, action figures were an obsession of mine. I couldn't wait to see what was next to be molded into plastic! Now, I've found other things. I've gravitated back toward my art more. Also, back toward really understanding what I love.

The blog will still have lots of action figure news, but be prepared for more posts on artwork I am working on, things I'm doing, places I'm traveling, and Xena. Well, Xena for a while. I'm sure a few months after the Con, the Xena stuff will wind down. It's just the thing I'm most obsessed about right now.

This year I've been able to write quite a bit. I discovered I really love writing. I'm not nearly as good at it as T or some of my other friends, but I enjoy it. So, if I can stick to my guns, you will have a chance to read something I've written other than a blog post sometime this year.

I also have decided to stop taking the world so seriously. It's ridiculous. No more news. No more NPR. No more headlines. No more papers. I'll do my part when I should & I will make informed decisions, but I am done being upset & angry. I'm not a protester, a marcher, a person that is in any way shape or form made to go out in crowds & change things. Neither is T. We change things in other ways. We create. She writes, I write. I paint and she paints. We write music. We just haven't ever gotten it OUT there before. THAT is what we are going to change. We are putting it out there. All of it. That is how we change things. Through our creations. If anything we create touches one person, then we have met with success. We don't even have to know it has.

There needs to be more beauty & positivity in the world. Like just then, positivity showed up in my spell checker. That's a little crazy, isn't it? It underlines positivity in red because it doesn't think it's a word. However, type negativity & it has no problem recognizing it. That says something about our world right there.

Life is too short. Way too short. Being a person who doesn't necessarily believe in an afterlife where we all retain our conscious selves makes THIS life the only one I've got & way too precious to be worrying over the state of the world. If the world is bad or on the verge of collapse then it makes what I need to do all the more urgent.

I'm blessed with love & laughter & comfort & friends. It's time I make my focus my art. My dreams. In turn, making those things my reality. Hopefully, changing someone else's for the better.

I really feel like 2011 was the first step of a new journey. 2012 is going to be even more fantastic. The path is in front of me. I am taking it. The recent past might have beaten me up, chewed me up, pummeled me & kicked me while I was down, but I am standing back up. I'm brushing myself off. I'm geared up, sword in hand, or paintbrush, and ready to go.

Invictus

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.


William Ernest Henley

No comments: