Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Bam!


Dang kids, I promise, one day I will return.  I made it back to work from Cali for 2 days before I was floored by the FLU.  Influenza Type A.  It kicked my butt.  Sort of.  It was a weird FLU. 

About 8 hours straight of vomiting.  I couldn't even keep a drink of water down.  My abs looks great now though.

Then a low grade fever of 100.4F while at the same time feeling like I was freezing to death.  Srsly.  I felt like I was getting frostbite.  I was so cold.  Colder than that time the power went out and the house got down to 30 F.

I would dry out like an Oklahoma pond in August, so much so that I swore I felt my brain getting crispy, and then suddenly I was a goo factory.  So much goo.  

Then all my joints swelled.  Every bone joint in my body felt like it was swollen 3 times it's normal size.  Like my cartilage had been boiled and forced back into place.  Ouch.

Then all this weird nerve pain.  Sudden waves of pains in my head, like thunderstorms, shooting lightning bolts down.  I couldn't move.  Little paralyzations all over.  

Then this cough and chest congestion.  Headache.  Sinus pressure.

If T hadn't gone to the doctor to make sure it was the FLU, I would have started to wonder what plague I had acquired.  

The good news is, it has finally subsided and I and now just exhausted and my voice is hoarse.

Did you notice that picture up there at the top?  That's Zoe Freakin' Bell, man.  How cool is that?  That happened at Xena Con.  I have so much to tell you.  Still.  I'll get to it.  I've worn myself out though.

So, I'll see you peeps tomorrow.

Cheers.

2 comments:

Wild Oregonian said...

I hope that you feel better! And I also hope for more stories from your latest escapes...
Take good care of yourself!

ArtistJen said...

Aw, thanks!