Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Happy Warrior Princess Day!

17 years ago on this very day, the very first episode of a show that changed my life aired.  "Sins of the Past", the very first episode of Xena Warrior Princess filled the airways.  Almost a year to the day, on Sept. 3, 1996, I met some chick named Turayis online.  In channel xenafan on IRC.  16 years later I still have my Bard.


  If that wasn't amazing enough, Turayis' book was released today in stores.  Today is the official release/laydown date.  What are the chances?!  That a girl from a small town in Ohio, Piqua, which sounds sort of like Gabrielle's hometown Potedia, would leave her home to follow me around.  Me,  A girl born in a city that starts with the same letter as Xena's birth place, Amphipolis.  Who knew that girl would end up actually becoming a Bard, just like her hero on TV?  Pretty cool stuff.  I can't believe these two dates happened to coincide.


If you want to get a copy of my Bard's book head over to Barnes & Noble.com
I have it linked directly to her book there.

If you want an autographed copy, either comment below & I can hook you up, or show up at one of her signings: 

September 8th - OU Bookstore (Gate 3 of OU Stadium) just before 1st home game, from 3:30-5pm.
September 15th - Full Circle Books, from 12-2:30pm.

Happy Warrior Princess Day!  Happy Laydown/Release Day T!  Happy 16 via #xenafan on IRC! 

No comments: