Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Strange Dream

I dreamed I was in this roadside trinket store.  It was like a convenience store, but had more stuff.  Like a convenience store/flea market.  Near the back, and to the right were a row of statues.  I picked one up to feel it.  I couldn't tell what it was made of.  It felt cold, like some sort of stone, but was light like it was made of a Plasticine clay.  It was a faux bronze with lots of patima. It looked Indian or oriental.  It was labeled Vinsu or Visnu.  It felt good in my hands.  It had lots of ornaments or decorations or details poking out of it.  I squeezed it to feel them in my palms.  I kept rolling it around in my hands and squeezing the statue tightly in my grip.  It calmed me.  Made me feel peaceful. I put it down and browsed more of the store.  I thought about how much my best friend Chris would like this store.  It was filled with unusual stuff.  Especially for this part of the USA.  Somewhere in the midwest.  It's like T and Amy and Cindy and I were on a road trip.  Scooters and Motorcycles.  I couldn't concentrate on any of this stuff though.  I looked back at Visnu.


I was drawn back to it.  I needed to hold it again.  Feel it in my hands.  Feel the calm.  The peace.  I read the name again. Vinsu or Visnu.  It was important that I remember the name.  I wanted to take it with me.  I told myself I didn't need it.  I put it back.  I walked away & tried to browse again, but I kept looking at it.  


There was a whole shelf full of them.  I kept telling myself that it was just a cheap Plasticine statue I didn't need, but I found myself once more standing there holding it.  I was on my motorcycle & had no room for it. I didn't need it.  I held it one last time.  Studying it.  Put it back & left.


So, when I woke up, I looked up Vinsu.  Vinsu led me to this: 

En İyi Şalgam Suyu Vinsu Sena Gıda'da from stockexport on Vimeo.


Um, okay.  Weird.  I don't think that was anything related to what I was dreaming about.  Well, what if I switch Vinsu to Visnu?  

Ah, there we go.  Visnu = Vishnu 

Wow.  Cool.  Lord Vishnu was in my dreams.

Vishnu represents the Supreme Reality that sustains and preserves the Universe.

Interesting.

Thank you Vishnu, for the peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are very lucky to have him to in your dream. Not everybody is that fortunate. Probably you have something to do with Vishnu.