Friday, July 06, 2012

MRI and Some X-rays

I get to go have an MRI today.  Apparently the doctor thinks I have a stress fracture in my leg.  They don't show up well on X-rays.  I had those yesterday.  Nothing appeared.


Pretty nice looking leg though, ey?  Look at that perfect patella! Pretty cool.

I won't lie, I'm pretty anxious about the MRI.  Mostly about the cost.  I have pretty good insurance provided by my work, but insurance companies don't like MRI's I guess.  I guess doctors use them more than insurance companies want them to.  I'm glad they are being thorough though.  I mean, if it is a stress fracture and I just kept working out, I could snap my leg.  Ouch!

If it isn't a stress fracture, then it's something else.  An MRI will show that as well.


MRI's are magnetic.  MRI stands for Magnetic Resonance Imaging.  In basic terms, it magnetizes all your atoms and causes them to spin the way they want in order to shoot radio waves at them to get an image back.  Weird.  I've never been magnetized before.  Maybe I'll get super powers.


How did I do this?  Funny story.  Apparently by running & working out to hard.  Yep, deciding to get in shape has now sidelined me.  I haven't stopped though.  No leg exercises, but I still managed my crunches last night as well as my bicep, tricep & bench press routine..  I'm determined.  I want that 6 pack back.

No comments: