Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Website Wednesday feat. Roller Derby!!!


That's right, I said Roller Derby. Womens flat track, full contact, high energy fun! They used to be know as TARG or the Tornado Alley Roller Girls, but have now been combined with other teams to create Oklahoma City Roller Derby.

Here's a video of some of the action: TARG vs. ITC

If you've never made it out to a match, you should give it a whirl. It's a fun way to get to scream & shout & cheer for your team. The first time I went I was hooked. I ended up standing up & shouting "Go, go, go!" before the night was through.

They usually have refreshments at the matches, including beer, when at the Farmer's Market. Show up early or finding a seat might be a challenge. I prefer the balcony myself. Bring signs to cheer on your team or paint yourself up, or just come as you are. It's fun to really get into the spirit of things.

Wednesday March 10th, 2010 the Roller Girls will be making an appearance right here in Norman, Oklahoma at StarSkate

Check out the MYSPACE page here: OKCRD

Here's their Facebook: OKCRD on Facebook

Go check them out!

No comments: