Thursday, January 31, 2008

Applying Myself

Well, I just applied for consideration to Ugallery.com and I hope they will let me in. It is really difficult to get into any gallery unless you know someone, but this online gallery is for people freshly out of college up to ten years out. Hopefully I can get in there and establish myself. The commision is a little steep at 50%, but that's no more than the 60% the Mainsite Gallery here in Norman gets. Most galleries get about 40%. The ugallery site was created by these college students after graduation because they had no idea what to do once they were out. Unlike Engineering or Law, the college Arts don't prepare you for the real world. You don't have a clear path to follow once your out. They help you learn how to price your art, which I definitely need, and do the marketing and promotion for you. They also have a great shipping method set up through UPS. Still, there's nothing more nerve-racking than handing over a piece of yourself to be shipped off to god knows where. well, let's hope I get in. I'm supposed to know in 2 business days, so what?...Monday. Yipes.

No comments: