Saturday, January 21, 2006

why

I work a retail job as some of you may know. It's not a retail job like wally world, where you expect that every 9 out of 10 people that walk in are morons. No, it's a book store. I won't say which one, but the one Jeb Bush probably wouldn't pick. Some bright person actually called today and asked to speak to the astrology dept. And they were serious. The ASTROLOGY department.....oh, hold on, let me see if Madam Ruby is still here or if she's gone home for the day. GEEZ! I love the calls..."CAn I speak to someone in the Book Dept.?" What! We are a freakin' BOOK store! And how many of our customers DON'T understand what Out Of Print means? I know sometimes when you work somewhere you get used to the lingo, but come on people, f-n THINK! Out Of Print. What does Out of Order mean? Do you continue to put quarters in the machine? Out of print means they don't PRINT it anymore. DUH! When I say, "oh, I'm sorry, it looks like we can't order it for you because it has gone Out Of Print.", your reply should not be, "What does that mean?" or, "So you can't get it?" THAT's WHAT I JUST SAID!!!! Maybe some of Those people don't know that they even PRINT books. They were just put there on the earth all put together in the correct order like that "other" book. I know, I'm ranting, but doesn't anyone use their brains anymore? I admit, sinces Sam's Club moved in next door, our customer IQ has dropped considerably, but it's not just our customers. In the last month, I have been honked at 3 times for making a complete stop at a stop sign in a residental area. Honked at! For stopping at a STOP sign. What the Hell!? Has anyone else encountered this?

2 comments:

ArtistJen said...

Are you serious? I pulled over so someone could go around ME and they flipped me off. I kept thinking about that one for a long time. I just don't get it.

ArtistJen said...

Oh...I got the "Let me speak to the Book Dept." today.....again!