Friday, May 06, 2011

Big Kids & Toys

You may not be aware, but big kids play with toys as well. Not only do we play with them, but we also like to pose them & take pictures of them in cool action poses. There are many Flickr groups dedicated to just such things. Don't believe me? Go check out some of my favorites:

The Secret Life of Toys

Toys & Models With Backdrops

Toys'r'Uz

Star Wars Toys

or

Skip the Frogman's photostream

I participate in playing with toys myself. Being a Star Wars collector, as well as all kinds of other action figures, I get the urge once & a while to break out the figures & pose them. I have even gone as far as building elaborate backdrops from time to time.

Last night was one of those nights. Here's a few pictures of what I did!





Remember, I have tons of photos & art displayed over on my Flickr. Go check them out if you ever have a moment.

Have a great weekend everyone!

5 comments:

hkhagan said...

Those are great pictures!

Chris said...

I've been meaning to buy a small Wall-E and do something like this, but somehow whenever I'm at a Disney Store or Toys R Us, I just can't seem to bring myself to spend the $15.

Also, I'm still needing to replace my pocket point-and-shoot.

I've been so much happier since I stopped "collecting" and started actually opening my toys so I could touch them, not just look at them. Of course, sometimes I still buy doubles because I can't stop collecting altogether.

ArtistJen said...

@Gemini-Thanks!

@Chris- yeah, I decided a couple years ago to start opening things. It is a whole lot more fun to play with them. Now, when I have an idea, I just look at what I've got & if i need something, I just crack it open.

Turayis said...

Holy wow! Those are fantastic! I'm going to go over to your Flickr site.

kids educational toys said...

You have very good pictures about toys from well known brands. I am really exciting with your collection.Thanks