Monday, December 06, 2010

Dentist

I went to the dentist today. More damage from Dr. Pepper it seems. My Dentist is an awesome Dentist. He's always good with the needles. I have a serious fear of needles. A real fight or flight response.

The whole office is pretty darn great. I found him out of sheer chance. Well, sheer chance & the fact that he was the only dentist in a city of 100,000 that would take a new patient with no insurance that had an abscessed wisdom tooth. Seriously, I couldn't even talk & if T hadn't been so wonderful to call over 20 different dentists I suppose I would've just died. At the least ended up in the hospital. Dr. Austin was the only one that would take me.

After that, it was a no brainer. He was my dentist. He's filled my first cavity...in fact, he's filled ALL my cavities & pulled two wisdom teeth. When I hear people talk about hating going to the dentist, I really can't empathize. I don't enjoy getting fillings, but I'm always happy to get to see the whole dental gang. I always end up smiling & laughing while at the Dentist & I don't even take the gas.

So here's to those medical professionals that do a great job & that don't discriminate based on insurance. I'm sure plenty of good Medical Professionals get screwed from time to time, but it is really nice to know that there are those who really seem to be in it for the healing.

1 comment:

Websites for dentists said...

Aw, this was a really quality post. In theory I’d like to write like this too – taking time and real effort to make a good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate alot and never seem to get something done.