Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Baseball & waking up late & Beautiful Women.

Alright! The Giants beat the Braves. Hooray! The Phillies swept the Reds, which for T I feel bad, but man the Phillies are fun to watch. Great ball team right now. Boo to the Yankees advancing & it's a nail-biter with Texas & the Rays right now. For my friend Ryan, I hope Texas wins. I'd love to see the World Series end up with Texas vs. the Giants or the Phillies. NO YANKEES.

On a completely unrelated note, I can't get up when it is dark outside. It is absolutely impossible for me to get up & go to work when the sunshine is not shining. It can't even be breaking, it has to be up. It's Tuesday & I have been 30 minutes late or later both days this week. I really dislike morning darkness. I love 3am, but only when I get to stay up that late. I have no idea how to fix this. I have been this way since birth. I was four days late being born. This morning my alarm clock went off & I reached over & turned the thing OFF. Not snooze, but turned the whole damn clock OFF. I don't remember doing it, but I know I did. How do you fix something like this?

To switch subjects yet again, I sure have a whole bunch of really attractive women friends that I would love to draw. Most of them have no idea how beautiful they are. Asking people to model for you is always sort of a weird uncomfortable thing. I'm always afraid they might take me wrong. I used to draw people in college all the time. We'd be hanging out & I would just grab the sketch pad & pencil & go at it. I have several really great portraits of "she who will not be named" who used to be my best bud in college. I did a painting of her roommate & she (the roommate) seemed really uncomfortable about it. She told me I could, but then told "she who will not be named" that she thought it was weird & asked if I was obsessed. I wasn't, she just had one of those faces that screamed "PAINT ME!", so I did. I see people all the time that I would love to walk up to & ask them if they would model, but that one weird experience in college kinda tainted it for me. It's the same for those people that I know, but haven't had the time to really get to know as well as I'd like. I feel very awkward asking them to sit for me. I really need to figure this one out. The beautiful women around me need to be captured on canvas. They inspire me.

One more thing. This year has sucked. I do NOT like it. I will be very glad when this year is over. 2010 can suck it! Luckily, we are almost in Scorpio, so hopefully things will get better. For all of us.

6 comments:

ChromePlatedGirl said...

I would also like to state for the record, when you read my latest blog post and see my nephew and I decked out in Yankees gear, it was because he was visiting and the Mets were playing out of town, so I bought us Yankee shirts and took him to his first major league game...and it just happened to be the Yanks. Hopefully as he ages, he will form a different alliance, and hopefully, the Mets will someday forgive me.
Maybe you should paint me with a Mets' logo on my ass. That ought to help.

ArtistJen said...

Hey, when in Rome....

Cindy said...

I swear I totally left a comment on this post like four days ago or something. Grrr.....


I didn't know you were a baseball fan. I'm not a big fan, but I enjoy the occasional game for nostalgia sake.

ArtistJen said...

@Cindy-honey, you did leave a comment. On the OTHER baseball post. :)

Misti Ridiculous said...

Lemme tell ya, I concur with the year sucking. seriously. blow me 2010

you are SUCH a talented artist...I hate that you have reservations about drawing someone, or asking them...people should be THROWING themselves at your apparently i cannot spell the word. but it's that wooden thingy that holds your canvas. eees. sul.

that thing.

Christy said...

It was a GREAT painting and "roommate's" issues almost 15 years ago should not affect whether or not you paint today. Now, if you had painted her nude, I might have reconsidered and given her complaints a shrug/nod.

I agree with Misti - Paint the pretty people and things you see! (Try not to let them throw themselves at your eees sul - that could be painful for them and expensive for you.)