Sunday, January 24, 2010

New music Thursday Feat. Ladytron


Better late than never....right? This week's New Music Thursday brings you the Band Ladytron. Ladytron was introduced to me by a guy at work when he heard me listening to Enigma. Ladytron considers themselves part of the new wave of electronic rock. Ladytrons debut album "604" hit back in 2001. That was the first album I got my hands on. I won't lie either, that guy friend at work burned it for me. Proof that pirating doesn't hurt the band, I have PURCHASED almost every album since. Check out the video for "Runaway" from their last non-live album here: VELOCIFERO

I really like these guys. They really set a calming mood for painting & working on my art that has a little bit of a 80's pop feel to it. Good 80's pop. I also enjoy the imagery their lyrics bring about. If you haven't had a chance to hear them, check them out. Here's their official site: Ladytron

No comments: