Thursday, November 05, 2009

My first insurance claim


So, finally I have a roofer. The one to get out to the house & most willing to meet with me at a time convenient for me was Millennium Roofing. They helped explain things & came out when the insurance adjuster came out to make sure he didn't skimp on anything. The actual owners came out as well. I asked them how many nails they use per shingle & Ted, the "recon" guy answered 6, which was the answer I was looking for. We talked about ridge vents & turbines & I felt satisfied. Now the whole process with the insurance & the roofing company was very circus-like, but I think I will have a new roof within a couple weeks. Hopefully next week. There were times when I had to ask things to to make sure I was clear on the process, but all & all these guys were very polite and professional. They even put my neighbors trash in her dumpster for her so she wouldn't have to go through her gate. Step one accomplished. Cross your fingers everything goes smoothly & that when all is said & done, I will have a new awesome roof & be out $0.00. If you want to know who not to go with I will tell you this, Affordable Roofing did no shows on me twice. They seemed to have no interest at all in coming out & giving me an estimate. TRS took two days just to call me back & by that time I had already decided on Millennium. Big Sky came out immediately & were very nice, but I would have had to come up with some dough for them. Still, part of me is worried I missed something & am going to have to come up with cash before this is all over. We'll see. Hopefully though, everything will turn out great. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: