Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Homeownership & roofing continued...

So, I called my agent, who then instructed me to call a roofer. Having watched enough stories of bad homeowner encounters with contractors, I first went to the Better Business Bureau & checked out who was listed with them. My first choice was Millennium Roofing & Construction. They had a nice website and allowed me to contact them online. I will contact two more sometime tomorrow. I want at least three estimates & three opinions on what needs to be done. It hailed golf ball sized pieces of ice on the roof today. I once again crawled up into the attic to try the string thing I saw on a DIY show. If you're not sure where the water is coming from but you have a general idea you are supposed to be able to put a sting in what you think is the waters path & it will run down the string into whatever you have the other end laying in. I know where the water is stopping, but unfortunately it is in an unconquerable space that I cannot reach. Let's hope I guessed right in the attic so the water won't have to run down the string in the living room into the bucket I have set up there anymore. I will be so glad when all of this is over.

No comments: