Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My first commision


Here is the painting I was working on for commission. Isn't it cool. I wasn't overjoyed about doing birds, but I learned much new information and facts about these birds as I painted. Did you know the white bird, or Cockatoo is native to Australia? The blue bird is called a Hyacinth Macaw or Parrot. The most recognizable parrot is the Rainbow or Scarlett Macaw. It is from South America. It nests in cliffs and they fly in flocks that look absolutely amazing. My client is really happy with it. I wanted the foliage to look more realistic, but she was very happy with it and wanted it ASAP and thought the foliage looked 3D in front. It's about the client right? So off it went with a happy customer and I got paid to paint. Now thats what I am talking about.

No comments: