Thursday, September 06, 2007

Look Who Found My Blog! MOM!

So here's the E-mail my Mom sent me after she found my Blog (not that it was hiding or anything):

Hi Dearest Jen,
How are you? Don't let your frustrations cause you to use language that is unbecoming to you. You are much too sweet a young lady to talk like that. Your Mamaw would really be hurt too. I know you are you but you are you and I like the sweet Jen...not the ANGRY OTHER Jen. I know there are bad things in life but we need to look at the good and there is a lot of good in our lives. I love you. (that's one.)
I know you are expressing yourself and I know you are angry...but...don't worry...be happy!
I like some of the other things I saw on your sight...like the rainbow to your garden. Now that was sweet!
MOM

Oh, but that's not all! Here's one more:

I think a BLOG rating of G for General is a good
thing! I wouldn't want to change that.

I am your Mom and I love you.

MOM
I know she loves me, but she's always had a bit of a problem understanding freedom of expression. I'm an Artist as most of you know. Ironic, eh? Oh, and did I mention I'm almost 33 years old, have a job, live 60 miles away, own a house, and live independently of my parents and have since I was about 22?
No joke, I do. She's 58 on Sept. 13th. At least once a year she googles me and then calls me or emails me about what she's found and there is usually some form of disapproval involved. Moms...what can you do? Kinda weird. I don't think I've ever googled her.

No comments: